Are you looking to start a vlog but not sure where to start? Well, you’re in luck! In this article, we’re going to show you some of the most popular vlog ideas for YouTube that you can use as inspiration for your own channel.
From daily vlogs to compilation videos, there’s something for everyone on this list. Let’s get creative and start vlogging today!
Creative Vlog Ideas
- Daily Life Vlog
- Night Routine
- What I Ate Today
- Week in the Life
- 10 Things I Hate/Love
- Haul Videos
- Morning Routine
- How to Videos
- Tag Videos
- DIY Videos
- Exercise Routines
- Recipe Videos
- Music Videos
- Collaboration Videos
- Unboxing Videos
- Hiking/Traveling Videos
- Product Reviews
- Day in the Life of a YouTuber
- Fan Mail/Q&A
- 100 Things I Love
- Spring Cleaning
- New Home Tour
- Closet Organization
- Pantry Organization
- Room Tour
- Bucket List
- Productivity Tips
- Habits that Changed my Life
- Movie/TV Show Reviews
- Book Reviews
- Story Time
- Random Acts of Kindness Challenge
- Reactions to Surprise Gifts
- Giving Back to the Community
- Volunteering at a Local Shelter or Soup Kitchen
- Pay It Forward Challenge
- Cooking and Baking Vlog Ideas
- Baking Tips and Tricks
- Cooking Tips and Tricks
- Food Hacks
- Kitchen Gadgets Review
- Restaurant Reviews
- Coffee Shop Reviews
- Outfit of the Day
Vlog Ideas for Couples
- Date Night
- Couples Therapy
- What We Did Today
- Our Favorite Things
- Relationship Milestones
- Getting Ready for a Date
- What’s in Our Fridge?
- Cook Together/Meal Prep
- Couples Workout Routines
- How We Met
- Why We Love Each Other
- Living Together for the First Time
- Couples Game Night
- Collaboration Videos with other YouTubing Couples
- Pranks on Each Other
- Daily Vlogs
- Q&A About Our Relationship
- Gift Ideas for Your Partner
Easily manage, optimize, edit, and GROW your YouTube channel with TubeBuddy's tools. Want to grow on YouTube? You need TubeBuddy. Try now for FREE.
Fun and Challenge Vlog Ideas
- 24 Hour Challenge
- 48 Hour Challenge
- No Phone for a Day Challenge
- Blindfolded Food Taste Test Challenge
- Toy Unboxing Challenge
- Escape Room Challenge
- Minute to Win It Games
- Would You Rather?
- Karaoke Challenge
- Dare or Dare
- Q&A Videos
- Reaction Videos
- Truth or Drink
- Carpool Karaoke
- Lip Sync Battle
- Most Likely To Tag
- Never Have I Ever Questions
- Blooper Compilation Videos
- My Funny Pets Compilation
- My Funny Kids Compilation
Beauty Vlog Ideas
- Get Ready with Me
- Favorites Videos
- Empty Products
- New in Beauty
- Budget Beauty Products
- Drugstore Makeup Haul
- High-End Makeup Haul
- Natural Makeup Tutorials
- Smokey Eye Tutorials
- Winged Eyeliner Tutorial
- Contouring and Highlighting Tutorials
- Skin Care Routine
- How to Get Rid of Acne
- How to Get Rid of Dark Circles
- No Mirror Makeup Challenge
- Hair Care Routine
- Curly Hair Tutorials
- Straight Hair Tutorials
- Heatless Hairstyles
- Quick and Easy Hairstyles
Active Lifestyle Vlog Topics
- Healthy Recipes
- Workout Routines
- At-Home Workouts
- Yoga Poses for Beginners
- Pilates Exercises for Beginners
- Healthy Meal Prepping Tips
- Grocery Shopping on a Budget
- Eating Healthy on a Budget
- Fitness Motivation
- Running Tips for Beginners
- Healthy Living Tips
- Weight Loss Journey
- Vegan Meal Prep Recipes
- Vegetarian Meal Prep Recipes
Parenting Vlog Ideas
- Day in the Life of a Stay-at-Home Mom/Dad
- Day in the Life of a Working Mom/Dad
- Parenting Hacks
- Potty Training Tips and Tricks
- Discipline Techniques that Work
- Kids Activities
- Mealtime with Kids
- Bedtime Routine
- Parenting Advice
- Parenting Q&A
- Indoor Activities for Kids
- Outdoor Activities for Kids
Get organized and succeed on YouTube! Streamline your processes and hit your goals by getting organized with this YouTube planner with multiple sections on content planning, channel analytics, monetization, and more.
Productivity and Lifestyle Vlog Ideas
- Study Tips and Tricks
- How to Organize Your Life
- How to be More Productive
- How to Find Motivation
- Decluttering Your Space
- Budgeting Tips
- Saving Money Tips
- Meal Planning
- Career Advice
- Blogging Tips and Tricks
- Social Media Tips
Personal Growth Vlog Ideas
- Habits that Changed My Life
- Things I’m Grateful For
- Daily Affirmations
- Self-Care Routine
- Mental Health Awareness
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression
- Finding Happiness
- Setting and Achieving Goals
- Building Confidence
- Tips for Breaking Bad Habits
- Time Management Tips
Unusual Vlog Ideas
- A Day in the Life of a YouTuber
- Room Tour
- Day in the Life of a Teacher
- Day in the Life of a Student
- Day in the Life of a Business Owner
- Day in the Life of a Working Mom/Dad
- YouTubers React
- Celebrity Impressions
- Reenacting Famous Movie Scenes
- Recreating Viral Videos
- How to Take Care of Your Pet
- What’s in My Purse?
- What’s in My Backpack?
- I Tried Following a Pinterest Recipe
- I Tried Following a TikTok Trend
- I Tried ASMR for the First Time
- Blindfolded Food Taste Test
- 24-Hour Challenge with a Friend
- Sharing Personal News on YouTube
- My Coming Out Story
- Moving Vlogs
- Packing Tips for Moving House
- What’s in My Moving Boxes
- Saying Goodbye to My Old Home
- Unpacking in My New Home
- Setting Up My New Home Office
- Adjusting to a New City/Country
- Making Friends in a New Place
- Dealing with Homesickness
Holiday Vlog Ideas
- Trick or Treating Tips
- Christmas Traditions
- How to Make a Snowman
- Baking Cookies
- Wrapping Gifts
- Decorating the Christmas Tree
- What I Got for Christmas
- New Year’s Eve Traditions
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Halloween Costumes
- Easter Egg Hunt Tips
- DIY Door Wreath
Funny Vlog Ideas
- Funny Pranks
- Try Not to Laugh Challenge
- Improv Skits
- Silly Challenges with Friends
- Slapstick Comedy Sketches
- Reactions to Things for the First Time
- Hilarious Situations You’ve Found Yourself In
- Rants About Annoying Things
- Parodies of Popular Songs or Movies
- Funny Spoofs of Viral Videos
- Blooper Reel
- Reacting to Funny TikToks
Vlogs About Youtube
- Vlogging Tips and Tricks
- How to Start a Vlog
- How to Grow Your YouTube Channel
- How to Edit Videos
- How to Film Videos
- Tips for Improving Your On-Camera Presence
- Best Camera and Video Equipment for Vlogging
- How often Should You Post Videos?
- How to Make Money on YouTube
- Answering YouTube Q&A Sessions
- YouTube Collaborations
- Unboxing YouTube Equipment
- Revealing What’s in My YouTube Bag
- My Filming and Editing Process
- Take a Tour of My Home Studio
- How I Plan and Shoot My Videos
Learn how to grow a profitable YouTube channel while still working full-time. This course from lawyer Erika Kullberg teaches you everything you need to know.
Travel Vlog Ideas
- Packing Tips and Hacks
- How to Save Money for Travel
- How to Find Cheap Flights
- How to Find the Best Deals on Hotels
- Travel Photography Tips
- Top Things to do in…
- City/Country Guide
- How to Beat Jet Lag
- Customs and Border Control Tips
- What to do if Your Flight is Canceled
- How to Stay Safe when Traveling Abroad
- General Travel Tips
These video ideas should get you started no matter what niche you are in on YouTube!
Video Creation Tips
Now that we have shared some ideas for vlog topics, we want to give you some general tips to help you create high-quality content for your YouTube channel.
By following these tips, you can produce engaging and entertaining videos that your viewers will love!
Invest in a good quality camera.
You need a decent quality camera for YouTube but this doesn’t mean that you need to buy the most expensive DSLR on the market.
Many smartphones now have excellent cameras that are perfect for vlogging. Just make sure to stabilize your phone when filming.
I personally use the Canon M50 which you can see in my YouTube studio and desk tour.
While you don’t need to invest thousands, it is important to invest in a camera that will allow you to film high-quality videos.
Use good lighting.
Whenever possible, try to film your videos in natural light when vlogging or with good lights if not. This will help your video look more polished and professional.
If you’re filming indoors, there are many decent quality lights you can purchase on Amazon to light yourself. Even a $25 ring light makes a huge difference!
Edit your videos… especially the sound!
Don’t be afraid to spend some time editing your videos before you upload them to YouTube.
This will help you get rid of any awkward pauses or bloopers. And it will also allow you to add captions, music, and other effects that can make your video more engaging.
Most importantly? Editing allows you to fix any sound issues. Using a good microphone and then fixing any sound issues in post production makes some vlogs stand above others.
No one wants to watch videos with bad sound.
One of the best things about vlogging is that it allows you to show your personality to the world. YouTube video production quality may have risen in recent years but it’s still all about being YOU.
Don’t be afraid to be yourself on camera. Be authentic and genuine, and your viewers will appreciate it.
How to Make Money Vlogging
Vlogging can be a great way to make money. But it takes time and effort to build up a large enough audience to start earning an income from your videos. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Become A YouTube Partner
In the YouTube partner program you can monetize your videos with ads from Adsense.
Adsense is the program run by Google that allows you to place ads on your videos. When viewers watch or click on these ads, you will earn money. This is one of the easiest ways to make money via YouTube.
Related: YouTube Monetization Policy: Can You Make Money?
2. Become An Affiliate
No matter what YouTube niche you are in there are products you can promote as an affiliate.
Many companies offer affiliate programs that allow you to promote their products in your videos. If someone purchases a product through your affiliate link, you will earn a commission.
Related: Guide To Making Money With Affiliate Marketing
3. Sell Products
If you have your own products, such as e-books or courses, you can sell these through your YouTube channel. This is a great way to make money if you have a niche audience.
You can also sell products like merch if you have a channel with a large or committed audience.
Related: 15 Digital Products to Sell Online
4. Offer Consulting Services
If you’re an expert in a particular field, you can offer your services as a consultant. This could include coaching, mentoring, or providing advice on a specific topic.
As an example, a channel about food could offer meal planning services or a channel about growing a business could offer 1-on-1 business coaching.
Related: How To Make Money On YouTube
5. Collaborate With Brands
Many YouTubers earn the majority of their income through sponsorships with brands.
You can collaborate with brands by creating sponsored videos or product reviews. This is a great way to earn money if you have an engaged audience.
Related: How to Get Free Products to Review on YouTube
By following these tips, you can start making money from your vlogging channel.
Just remember that it takes time and effort to build up an audience and start earning an income.
I earned nothing for six months when I started on YouTube but I now earn more than I did at my day job! YouTube can become a full time job where you earn a significant amount of money.
Don’t give up if you don’t see results right away!
Now that you know some general tips for creating high-quality vlogs and videos, it’s time to get started!
Grab your camera and start filming some of the vlog ideas that we’ve shared in this article. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
More YouTube Tips & Tutorials
I’ve been a full time YouTuber since 2021 and love to share everything I’ve learned!
Here are a few useful YouTube resources and tutorials on Pennies Not Perfection:
- How To Grow Your YouTube Channel
- Making Money On YouTube
- Profitable Niches For YouTube Channels
- Best Books For YouTubers
- What are the pros and cons of being a YouTuber?
- How long does a profitable YouTube video need to be?
- What is a cash cow YouTube channel?
- Is YouTube automation a scam?
Check out more YouTube tutorials or request a new tutorial by reaching out on Instagram!
If you want to say thank you, you can Buy Me A Coffee.
Mary is the founder of Pennies Not Perfection where she shares her journey to build wealth through online income. She quit her day job in 2021 after she paid off her debt and doubled her 9-5 salary.
Mary's favorite free financial tool is Personal Capital. She uses their free tools to track net worth and work toward to financial freedom.
Her favorite investment platform is M1 Finance, where she built a custom portfolio for free with no fees. She shares her portfolio growth and savings progress every month on YouTube.