If you are creating digital products – especially PDFs like printables – you likely want to create links within those digital product. It’s incredibly easy to create clickable links in Canva which is one of the most popular programs for creating digital products.
How to Create Clickable Links In PDFs In Canva
If you are using Canva to create printables then this tutorial will show you how to add links to your digital products so that you can make the most of your product.
How to create clickable links in Canva:
- Create or open an existing design.
- Click to select the element you want to add a link to
- On the toolbar above the editor, click the Link button or the chain icon
- Enter the website link, and click Apply to finish
How to export as a PDF in Canva:
- Tap the up arrow at the top corner of your screen
- Select “Save as…”
- Tap the File Type dropdown and select either PDF Standard or PDF Print
- Use the Select pages dropdown to choose which pages to download
- Tap Download to save them to your device
When you create links and then export as a PDF you will have a useful digital product where customers can click through. You can then upload and sell your digital product on websites like Etsy, Shopify or more!
Why You Should Add Clickable Links In Digital Products
Adding clickable hyperlinks to digital products gives you the opportunity to direct your customers to your website, more resources, or affiliate links where you can make even more money from your digital products.
Here are some ways to use links in your digital products:
- link back to your website
- share your social media platforms for deeper contact
- send your customer to additional items you have for sale
- add value by linking to resources
- create more revenue by using affiliate links
- provide customers with multiple options to research
Adding clickable links allows your customer to click for more information, to visit your website or to buy a product with your affiliate marketing links.
There are many ways and reasons to add links including the most important: adding more value for your customer.
Using Canva To Create Digital Products
Why Canva Is Great For Creating Digital Products
Canva works great for creating designs you can sell. The software is easy to use even for beginners and there are many Canva tutorials out there.
Canva has many benefits:
- It is easy to use even as a beginner.
- It’s free for the basic version with lots of features.
- Canva has many advanced tools and functions included.
- There are many pre-made templates, graphics, and font combos to inspire you.
- The pro version is low cost – half the price compared to Adobe Creative.
- It allows you to make products fast with easy duplications and resizing.
- It is web based so you can access it anywhere.
- There are many Canva tutorials making it easy to learn.
- It has desktop and mobile applications and you can switch between use.
I use Canva Pro to create all of my printables, YouTube thumbnails, and social media graphics as well. The monthly fee for the professional version of the platform is well worth it. It’s been the most used tool in growing my business.
It’s a fantastic all in one design tool for any business and the best investment someone can make in starting an Etsy printable business. I’m not a designer but it’s been my key to success!
What Is Canva?
Canva is an amazing web-based design tool with free and paid plans that allow users to create a variety of design work.
Canva is one the most useful tools I personally pay for in order to earn a living online. It’s the lowest subscription cost in my business expenses yet it produces the most revenue!
I’ve used it to create social media posts, YouTube thumbnails, media kits, digital products, invoices, and more.
The paid plan at Canva costs just $12.99 per month in 2022.
Canva Pro includes:
- 100+ million stock photos, videos, audio and graphics to use
- unlimited features, folders, and premium content
- 600,000+ templates with more added daily
- brand kits for storing logos, colors, fonts, and more
- tools like Background Remover, Magic Resize, Social Media Scheduling
- 1 TB of cloud storage
- and 24/7 customer support
More Canva Tips & Tutorials
Here are a few useful Canva tutorials on Pennies Not Perfection:
- How to Create Printables In Canva
- How To Share Canva Templates
- Curved Text In Canva Tutorial
- Make Money With Canva (10 Ways)
You can find more tutorials on the Canva Design Tutorial listing page.
Enjoy creating with Canva!
Want to keep learning?
Creating digital products you can sell is a wonderful online business and I enjoy sharing how to do the very same thing I’ve done to create a full time income!
The tips and tutorials linked below will help you create digital products worth selling.
Check out these Canva tutorial posts:
- Create Printables In Canva Tutorial
- How To Make Transparent Backgrounds In Canva
- How To Make Curved Text In Canva Tutorial
And here are some posts about selling digital products that may help you:
- How to Make & Sell Printables on Etsy (Ultimate Guide)
- Resources For Selling Digital Downloads
- What I Wish I Knew Before Starting An Etsy Shop
- 63 Digital Product Ideas To Sell To Make Passive Income
- 17 Popular Digital Product Ideas To Sell To Make Passive Income
- 15 Digital Products to Sell Online For Passive Income In 2021
- How To Get Sales on Etsy For New Sellers
- How to Hide Your Etsy Shop Sales History (& REASONS WHY)
Mary is the founder of Pennies Not Perfection where she shares her journey to build wealth through online income. She quit her day job in 2021 after she paid off her debt and doubled her 9-5 salary.
Mary's favorite free financial tool is Personal Capital. She uses their free tools to track net worth and work toward to financial freedom.