Amazon’s affiliate program is one of the most popular for those new to affiliate marketing. In this post you’ll learn how to create an Amazon affiliate link so you can get started making money with Amazon Associates.
How To Create An Amazon Affiliate Link
Creating an Amazon affiliate link is very easy with the newer interface Amazon has created for their desktop website.
This tutorial uses the website in a web browser rather than the app, but they have also created a method for you to create affiliate links straight from the app too! Having these options available makes sharing your Amazon affiliate links easier than ever.
Here is how to create an Amazon Affiliate Link from the website:
- Go to Amazon.com
- Sign into your Amazon account attached to your Amazon Associates account
- Navigate to the product page you want to promote
- A “Amazon Associates SiteStripe” should appear at the top of the page if you are logged in
- Click the “Text” link under “Get Link:”
- In the pop up box you’ll see the options for creating an Amazon affiliate link to this product
- You can change the Store ID and Tracking ID then click “Get Link”
- The Text Link will be generated and show up in the box
- You can highlight the link and copy it for use on your platform
- You can use the full or short link by clicking “Short Link” or “Full Link” under the text box (both work!)
That’s it! It is very simple to create an affiliate link to any product on Amazon. They’ve made it so simple for people to promote the products which is why it is such a popular program despite low commissions.
Affiliate Marketing Success Tips
You can earn a massive amount of money from affiliate marketing even with a small audience. When you learn to drive traffic you can double or triple your income.
It does take work to learn how to use affiliate marketing successfully without being over the top or scammy.
I invested in the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course to educate myself on best practices, but there are plenty of free ways to learn as well.
General Affiliate Marketing Tips
Here are some general affiliate marketing tips:
- Explain the benefits of why someone would want to purchase the product you are promoting.
- Share personal experiences about using the product or service. This is the best way to do affiliate marketing – sharing your experience about what you already use and love. Personal experience build trust and increase conversions.
- Show proof of success or that the product actually worked or improved your life. General benefits won’t sell people on buying a product but seeing actual proof helps.
- Be honest about your reviews when talking about products you are promoting. Never lie and always share both the good and bad of a product.
- Don’t over do it or be too salesy. You don’t want to be the pushy annoying person that only promotes links to earn money. It’s not effective and it also just comes off as annoying and will turn people off you in general.
- Include a call to action so people know what to do in order to take the next step and actually purchase the product. Call to actions are things like “grab your copy today” or “click here to sign up”.
- If you are promoting a high price product, you can also offer an incentive and give something extra to anyone that uses your link.
- Always disclose that you use affiliate links no matter which platform you are using. Stay up to date and in compliance with the FTC guidelines.
Amazon Affiliate Marketing Tips
Here are some Amazon Associates specific affiliate marketing tips:
- Link to as many things as you can – you never know what someone will be interested in and click.
- Focus on promoting on high converting products – things with lots of high ratings, reviews, and good photos.
- Create product reviews – these convert at a higher rate than other products.
- Link your images – make sure photos lead to Amazon since users often click on the photos.
- Promote around holidays – Amazon is a holiday sales machine so take advantage during those times and increase your efforts.
Those are a few tips to get you started!
Keep Improving Your Affiliate Marketing
Finding what works best with your audience will involve some trial and error. You will likely have more missed than wins in the beginning but if you keep going you will be able to hone in on what works with your audience.
Want more? Check out these useful affiliate marketing posts: