The Amazon affiliate program is a fantastic way to earn money only. It’s a great way for beginners to get started with affiliate marketing on YouTube. In this affiliate marketing guide we will look at how to use Amazon affiliate links on YouTube.
Amazon affiliate links are a great way to make money with affiliate marketing on YouTube channels.
By including Amazon affiliate links in your videos, you can direct your viewers to Amazon products that you recommend, and earn a commission on any sales that result from your recommendations.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using Amazon Affiliate Links on YouTube, but if you follow these guidelines, you can start generating income from your videos.
What is the Amazon Affiliate program?
The Amazon program for affiliates is called the Amazon Associates program. Through this program you can promote products for sale on Amazon and get a commission whenever someone buys a product through your links.
Commissions on Amazon vary between product types and departments. You can earn between 1% and 8% depending on what you promote via affiliate links.
Even better? You get commissions on EVERYTHING someone buys not just the product you promote.
You can earn money quickly and even build a full time income from promoting products on Amazon.
The main drawback to the program is the short cookie length which is only 24 hours. This means you only get the commission if someone buys within 24 hours of clicking your affiliate link.
Want to learn more about affiliate marketing? Check out these guides:
- Affiliate Marketing Tutorials
- Complete Beginner’s Guide to Making Money with Affiliate Marketing
- How To Use Affiliate Marketing On Budgeting YouTube Channels
How To Create Amazon Affiliate Links
Creating Amazon affiliate links to use on YouTube is very easy. The Amazon Associates program has created tools that allow you to create links in seconds!
Here is a video tutorial that shows the fastest way to create Amazon affiliate links:
Here is how to create an Amazon Affiliate Link from the website:
- Go to Amazon.com
- Sign into your Amazon account attached to your Amazon Associates account
- Navigate to the product page you want to promote
- A “Amazon Associates SiteStripe” should appear at the top of the page if you are logged in
- Click the “Text” link under “Get Link:”
- In the pop up box you’ll see the options for creating an Amazon affiliate link to this product
- You can change the Store ID and Tracking ID then click “Get Link”
- The Text Link will be generated and show up in the box
- You can highlight the link and copy it for use on your platform
- You can use the full or short link by clicking “Short Link” or “Full Link” under the text box (both work!)
That’s it! It is very simple to create an affiliate link to any product on Amazon.
For a full tutorial visit this guide: How To Create An Amazon Affiliate Link
Can I put Amazon affiliate links on YouTube?
I commonly get asked about putting Amazon affiliate links on YouTube videos. Of course you can!
Amazon affiliates can be a substantial part of your income as a YouTuber
How to Use Amazon Affiliate Links On YouTube
There are a few things to keep in mind when using Amazon Affiliate Links on YouTube.
First, you need to make sure that your Amazon affiliate link is included in the video description. This will allow Amazon to track any sales that result from your recommendations.
Next, you should also include the affiliate link in your pinned comment. The pinned comment on videos is prime real estate that anyone looking at comments will see first.
Amazon Affiliate Link Tips For YouTubers
If you want to use the Amazon affiliate program to earn money on YouTube there are a few things you should do
Make Great Videos
You should make sure that your videos are high quality and provide valuable information to your viewers.
If you simply include a link in your video and don’t provide any additional information, your viewers may not be interested in buying the product that you’re recommending.
To make great videos with affiliate marketing you can do the following:
- show the product in use
- teach people how to use the product
- highlight features they may not know
- make the product look it’s best via video
Make Different Types Of Affiliate Marketing Videos
If you are trying to create income on YouTube via affiliate marketing there are a few different ways to do it.
Here are some of the video types you can make to promote products for commissions:
- Unboxing videos of what you bought on Amazon
- Videos about Amazon products showing off their features or highlights
- Full review videos where you break down everything about the product
- Try-on videos of Amazon clothing
- First impression videos of products you’ve just started using
- Haul videos showing what you’ve bought from Amazon
All of these video types can do well on YouTube and generate numerous commissions via the Amazon affiliate program.
Create Product Reviews
When it comes to Amazon affiliate marketing, one of the best ways to make money is by doing product reviews.
However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind when writing these reviews.
Here are a few tips on making great product review videos:
- Make sure you’re actually familiar with the product you’re reviewing
- Be real in your review – if you didn’t like the product, say so honestly
- Keep your video tone helpful and informative
- Include b-roll videos of the product in use in various ways
- Share how the products can be used by people
Showing the product in use and giving an honest review often sells more products than any other type of affiliate marketing content. YouTubers have a unique advantage in doing product reviews because videos allow you to show the product off the best.
Be Honest With Reviews
You should always be honest with your viewers about the products that you recommend.
If you don’t have personal experience with a product, don’t recommend it to your viewers or make up claims about the product.
Amazon affiliate links are a great way to make money with affiliate marketing, but only if you’re honest and upfront with your viewers. Dishonesty will cost you more than a lost sale – it can cost your reputation.
Honesty and authenticity will sell more products than fake reviews to manipulate viewers ever will.
Include Affiliate Disclosures
YouTube creators should disclose affiliate links just like website owners must do.
If you have affiliate links in your description or comment section then you need to also include a disclosure.
You can learn about the FTC affiliate disclosure requirements on the FTC website.
Disclosures are essential legally and they also build trust with your audience. No one wants to be tricked into giving you money but many people would love to click your links to support you.
Improve Your Affiliate Marketing Skills
Affiliate marketing is not just a way to make money but a skill like any other digital marketing skill.
You can improve your skills in this area and earn more money by learning as much as you can about affiliate marketing.
Check out any of these resources to learn more:
Doing these things and creating good videos will help you actually earn money with the Amazon affiliate program.
Thanks for reading! I hope this article was helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments section below.
Mary is the founder of Pennies Not Perfection where she shares her journey to build wealth through online income. She quit her day job in 2021 after she doubled her 9-5 salary.
Mary's favorite free financial tool is Personal Capital. She uses their free tools to track net worth and work toward to financial freedom.