If you want a jumpstart on your longterm investing then you should snag the current M1 Finance sign up bonus of $50.
For people looking for an investment platform focused on long term investing M1 Finance is a great option.
Right now there is a M1 Finance sign up bonus of $50. It’s the highest sign up bonus they have ever offered for new accounts!
You can use this referral link to get $50 free on M1 Finance when you open a new account and contribute the required amount after signing up.
This M1 Finance sign up bonus only works with a referral link like penniesnotperfection.com/M1referral.
That link will allow you to earn $50 for free when you sign up and contribute $100 to your account. This particular sign up bonus is available until September 7, 2021. After that the amount will likely change by going down.
You can check back often to see what the sign up bonus amount is for M1 Finance when you use a referral link. The sign up bonus changed multiple times from $10 to $30 to $50 for funding new accounts.
Whenever you see a sign up bonus above $10 it’s a good time to sign up for a new account with M1 Finance.
M1 Finance Review
M1 Finance is a financial app that offers investing, borrowing and spending in one easy-to-use platform. The started as a brokerage offering just investment accounts but they have slowly added many features and products to make it a comprehensive money management tool.
The easy-to-use app makes investing simple through visually appealing organization and automation. You set up a portfolio using their pie functionality to invest via percentages to create the perfect portfolio to fit your needs.
When you contribute money it automatically invests based on your portfolio. This is an ideal set up for most long term investors who want to pick an investing plan and then not worry about making changes frequently.
Reasons why I like M1 Finance:
- focused on long term investors not traders
- you can buy fractional shares which is great when you have small amounts to invest
- you can copy “expert” portfolios to get started
- M1 is free to use and charges no fees
- there is a sign up bonus when you open a new account
- they keep adding new functions and features to make it a comprehensive solution
- you can buy individual stocks and ETFs
- M1 Finance is transparent about how they earn money
Downsides to M1 Finance:
- you can’t buy stocks immediately and have to wait for windows of time
- there is a learning curve to use it successfully
- accounts with less than $29 and no activity in 90 days are charged fees
- there are no financial advisors on staff if you do need guidance
While there are a could downsides to this financial institution, the upsides and functionality of the app make it a winner for any long term investor!
How to Get The M1 Finance Sign Up Bonus
Getting the $50 bonus when you sign up for M1 Finance is easy but there are a few requirements. This step-by-step tutorial shows you how to redeem the $50 M1 Finance sign up bonus in 2021.
The following instructions will show you:
- how to use a referral link for M1Finance
- steps to open an account on M1 finance
- how to hit all the requirements to get your bonus money
Sign Up For M1 Finance
The steps you need to take to get the referral money for the M1 Finance bonus:
- Click on this referral link to open the M1 Finance website
- Enter your email and password and then click “Sign up now”
- Follow the sign up instructions to open the account type of your choice
Account Funding Requirements
You must contribute this amount per account type to successfully fund your account for the referral bonus:
- Individual brokerage – $100
- Joint brokerage- $100
- Custodial account – $100
- Trust account – $5,000
- Retirement (Traditional, Roth, or SEP IRA) account – $500
M1 Account Notes
- You must fund the account after opening it to get the bonus. As of writing this post it requires funding a certain amount as shown above but double check to make sure the requirement hasn’t changed.
- The bonus can take a couple days to show up in your account. When it’s ready it will automatically drop into your investment account. If you have auto invest on then it will automatically invest into your investment pies.
M1 Finance Sign Up Bonus
How much will you get as a sign up bonus when you join M1 Finance with a referral link?
The standard sign up bonus with a M1 Finance referral link is currently $50.
You can only get this bonus if you are referred to M1 Finance. If you just go to the website without a referral link you will not get it.
The referral has changed multiple times. It has been $10, $30, and $50. The have periods where the amount changes and increases.
The same is accurate for how much you can earn by referring people with your own referral link within the app. The amount can range from $10-$50 for what you can earn when you refer your own friends.
M1 Finance Sign Up Bonus FAQ
Below are some of the questions I often get asked on videos about the M1 Finance sign up bonus you get from the referral program.
What’s the M1 Finance referral link and bonus?
Each person that uses M1 Finance has their own individual link they can use to refer friends that looks like this: https://m1.finance/RYiAIa3mcAEO
When you use a referral link to start an M1 Finance account you will get a bonus. The person that referred you will also get a bonus.
You can find your own referral link inside your account. After you locate your M1 Finance referral link you can share it with others to get a sign up bonus for both yourself and the new user.
What is the M1 Finance promo code for a bonus?
There is not a specific code to enter with M1 Finance because they use a referral link system instead.
The referral link will have unique numbers and letters at the end that identifies you for the bonus. It will look like this https://m1.finance/RYiAIa3mcAEO
Using this type of referral link is the only way to get the sign up bonus. There is no code.
Can you still get the $50 bonus after signing up?
Unfortunately the M1 Finance referral program only applies to new users who sign up with a referral link from an existing customer.
If you already signed up for an account without using a referral link then you will not be able to get the bonus added later.
Make sure you use the link to guarantee you will receive the bonus.
How long does it take to get the bonus money on M1?
You will receive a $50 sign up bonus in your Payment Account within 14 business days.
This will only occur after successfully opening an M1 account and funding it for the full 30 day period.
Where will my sign up bonus be deposited?
M1 Finance will be deposited into your designated “Payment Account”.
A Payment Account is either your individual or joint brokerage account.
They will not put the referral bonus into a retirement account if you have chosen to open one. You will need to have a brokerage account to act as your “Payment Account” to receive the bonus.
What restrictions are there for the M1 Finance sign up bonus?
This referral program is valid only for new M1 account users. You can not get the bonus more than once.
Why did I not receive the referral bonus money?
Unfortunately if you didn’t receive your referral credit, it’s possible that something went wrong with the link or you did not properly fund the account.
You can use this M1 Finance referral link when you sign up to get $50 as a free bonus!