Bitcoin is volatile but the price is currently rising. If you’re trying to get into buying Bitcoin (BTC), then you should take advantage of the Coinbase sign up bonus. This bonus gives you $10 worth of Bitcoin for free.
You can use this referral link to get $10 of free Bitcoin on Coinbase when you buy or sell $100 in any crypto.
When you sign up for Coinbase this referral link will allow you to earn $10 of Bitcoin when you sign up and then buy or sell $100 in any crypto.
The typical sign up bonus for Coinbase is $5 for new accounts but with the referral link you can double it and immediately get $10 in Bitcoin.
As Bitcoin prices rise that $10 is likely to be worth more and more. To understand Bitcoin better if you are new, I highly recommend the book The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking.
How to Get The Coinbase Sign Up Bonus
Unlike some other investing apps like Cash App where you can also buy Bitcoin, Coinbase has a referral link system instead of using a code for the sign up bonus.
This means to get the bonus you need to click through a referral link and immediately sign up to avoid missing the bonus for signing up.
In the step-by-step video tutorial below you will see how to sign up for Coinbase via a referral link and get the free $10 Bitcoin bonus.
The instructions will show you:
- how to open your account on Coinbase
- the referral link for signing up on Coinbase
- how to buy Bitcoin on Coinbase
- how to hit all the requirements for the Bitcoin bonus on Coinbase
- what a referral looks like inside your account
The steps you need to get the referral bonus with Coinbase:
- Click on the referral link here which will take you to a sign up screen
- Enter your personal info (name, email, and state), and choose a password, and confirm you are 18 and agree to the terms
- Click the blue “Create Account” button
- Once your account is created, you will want to buy $100 of any cryptocurrencies you want to invest in or trade
Important!! To get your bonus Bitcoin you must do all the steps including buying or selling $100 worth of Crypto.
Coinbase is one of the most established and largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the United States. The company actually went public in 2021 and you can buy stock in Coinbase itself.
Coinbase has over 50 cryptocurrencies available for purchase and trading on the platform. The easy to use platform allows regular people to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. The app is very easy to use and navigate making it easy for regular people to get involved with cryptocurrencies.
Coinbase has a very low minimum to start funding an account. With the generous referral bonus you add $10 to your account when you start with buying just $100 of any crypto.
Coinbase has other functions like cryptocurrency services for businesses and institutions, but for this review I’m focused on the crypto brokerage side. This is what you will be using as an investor when you buy Bitcoin or other crypto.
Reasons why I like Coinbase:
- easy to use for buying and selling major cryptocurrencies
- cryptocurrency is privately insured in case the site is hacked
- get $10 in Bitcoin upon creating an account with a referral link
- can transfer your crypto to your own hardware wallet
- low minimum to fund your account (just $2)
Downsides to Coinbase:
- higher fees than some other platforms (0.5% to 4.5% depending on payment method, cryptocurrency type, transaction size and platform)
- fees and other information can be confusing or hard to find
- customer service is limited to mostly just email support
Coinbase has made crypto accessible and mainstream especially in the US. However, it is important to remember that while cryptocurrency is a new asset class it also has extreme volatility. Trading cryptocurrency is a highly volatile way to earn money and risks must be considered with Coinbase or any platform.
If you are ready to use Coinbase to buy cryptocurrency, sign up using this referral link for $10 in Bitcoin.
Coinbase Sign Up Bonus
How much will you get as a sign up bonus when you join Coinbase with a referral link?
The standard sign up bonus with Coinbase is $5 but a referral link will double it to $10. This incentivizes many Coinbase users like myself to share our links and invite new people to the platform.
If you sign up on the Coinbase site without a referral link you will get half of the amount ($5). Doubling this makes using and then sharing your own referral link so attractive. Everyone likes to get a larger Coinbase sign up bonus!
When you refer people using your referral link, you will get the same amount as the sign up bonus. You can learn how to refer friends to Coinbase here.
Either way you win when you use a referral link to sign up for Coinbase.
Coinbase Sign Up Bonus Problems
There are times when referral links do not work for the sign up bonus. Here are a few of the common reasons why your bonus has not been applied to your account.
- You’ve not made a purchase or trade large enough to qualify. You need to make sure it is $100 to get the bonus.
- You are not in a country currently supported so you will not receive the new account bonus. Check the Coinbase website to make sure your country is supported.
- You did not sign up through a referral link. Unfortunately you need to sign up immediately after clicking a referral link because otherwise you might not get the bonus. If you went to the site directly or through Google you will not get the Coinbase sign up bonus.
- You’ve waited too long to buy or sell $100 in crypto so the bonus from the referral link has expired. Make sure you do this within the first 7 days to get the Coinbase sign up bonus.
Coinbase Sign Up Questions
Is the Coinbase referral bonus always $10?
While the bonus is currently $10 at the time of writing this, the Coinbase sign up bonus does change.
In the past Coinbase has had different sign up promo bonus amounts.
In fact, in 2017 the referral bonus was $75 as they were trying to grow their platform. This was an incredible opportunity to get a huge jump on your account with that level of sign up bonus.
Will it ever change again? Only Coinbase knows.
Is there anything else to know?
Be patient if things are taking a couple days when you sign up or put in an order. At times Coinbase has explosive growth and it can take a couple days to verify new accounts or process orders.
Coinbase retains the right to make changes to their referral program at any time in the future. You should always make sure to check their website or app for the most up to date information. The sign up bonus and referral link can be changed at any time.
Use this referral link to get $10 of free Bitcoin on Coinbase when you buy or sell $100 in any crypto.
With Coinbase this referral link will allow you to earn $10 of Bitcoin when you sign up and then buy or sell $100 in any crypto. It does not have to be Bitcoin that you buy or sell but the $10 sign up bonus will be in Bitcoin.