Did you purchase a product on Etsy and want to leave a review? This tutorial will show you how to leave a review on Etsy to share your experience with the seller and other customers.
How To Leave A Review On Etsy
After you purchase a product Etsy gives you multiple chances to write a review and they remind you to leave a review for your purchase in multiple locations. This quick tutorial on how to write a review on Etsy shows you how to locate and leave a review for your Etsy purchases!
How to leave a review on Etsy:
- Sign in to your account on Etsy.com
- If you are using the Etsy app, sign in to your account and tap You
- Go to Purchases and reviews
- Find the item you want to review in your list of purchases
- Next to Review this item select the star rating you want to give in your review
- Fill in the description for your review – there is a five word minimum for your review on Etsy.com but no word minimum on the Etsy app
- You may also upload a photo to accompany your review but this is optional
- Top finish leaving your review, click Post Your Review on Etsy.com or click Submit on the Etsy app
That is all you need to do in order to leave a review on Etsy!
If you purchased multiple items from the same shop, you can leave a review for each item that you purchase. Every item can be reviewed individually.
What Etsy Items Can Be Reviewed?
When you purchase an item eligible for review you will see “Review this item” next to your order in Purchase and reviews. If you don’t see this next to an item then it is not eligible for review.
Here are some reasons you might not be able to leave a review in your account:
- You purchased as a guest and have to go through a different process to leave a review.
- The order is older than the 100 day review window and can not be reviewed any longer.
- The item was purchased in person through Square instead of on Etsy.com.
- There is an open case on the order. You can’t review an item until the case is closed.
If any of these occur then you won’t be able to review an item on Etsy.
How To Leave A Review On Etsy As A Guest
What do you do if you purchased an item on Etsy as a guest? How do you leave a review as a guest? This is a common question especially when something goes wrong with your first Etsy order.
Etsy only allows you to leave reviews with an Etsy account, but you can claim an order you made as a guest on a newly created Etsy account. This allows you to leave reviews for products you purchased as a guest.
How to claim an order to your Etsy account:
- Open your email inbox and find your order receipt from [email protected]
- Select View your order
- Follow the steps to create an Etsy account
- NOTE: The account you link your guest order to must have the same email address that you used for your guest order. Your order is automatically connected to your Etsy account.
- Once you’ve claimed an order you made as a guest you can then leave a review using the instructions above
Etsy’s Five Star Review System
When leaving reviews on Etsy you can select 1 to 5 stars for a product. One star is the lowest and five is the highest review in Etsy’s five star review system.
Choosing a star for your review is very helpful to let people know at a glance what your experience was.
Leaving a more detailed written review will provide additional context and meaning to your review. More detailed reviews can be helpful to other shoppers especially with products that are difficult to evaluate online only.
For anyone using the Buy on Etsy app for iOS you can also give a five star rating for additional features:
- Item quality
- Seller Customer service
- Overall rating
These additional ratings don’t appear publicly but appear to be something Etsy is testing out with small segments.
Your five star rating review for a product will appear on the product listing along with your profile information.
Why Review Products On Etsy
Etsy LOVES reviews on products so writing a review is highly encouraged.
Etsy operates with a five-star rating system for products. The sum of reviews for a product are averaged to get the overall rating for the product.
This rating out of five stars helps other buyers decide whether or not to purchase an item.
Reviews also help out sellers. If you’ve had an amazing experience purchasing a product on Etsy then leaving a review is a great way to thank the seller and help out their shop. The more positive reviews a seller accumulates the more likely they are to continue making sales.
Mary is the founder of Pennies Not Perfection where she shares her journey to build wealth through online income. She quit her day job in 2021 after she paid off her debt and doubled her 9-5 salary.
Mary's favorite free financial tool is Personal Capital. She uses their free tools to track net worth and work toward to financial freedom.