Using Etsy sales and coupons can help you make more sales and earn more money on Etsy. In order to do this we will look at how to make a coupon code on Etsy.
Etsy Sales Tutorial
This video tutorial shares how to make a coupon code on Etsy.
It also covers multiple ways to run Etsy sales:
- the different sales and coupons you can create on Etsy
- the targeted offers you can use to make more sales on Etsy
- how to create a coupon code for more sales on Etsy
In my Etsy shop for digital products I often run a sale for a percentage off sales each month. I also love creating Etsy coupon codes for specific groups like my YouTube channel audience.
How To Make Coupon Codes On Etsy
Are you ready to make a coupon code for your Etsy shop? Let’s get started with these step by step instructions.
Here’s how to make a coupon code on Etsy:
- Sign in to Etsy and click the Your Account icon.
- Click Shop Manager and go to your shop backend.
- Click the Marketing link in the left side menu.
- Select the Sales and Coupons link that pops up in the secondary menu.
- Click the Create coupon button in the pop up screen.
- Select the coupon type you’d like to offer shoppers: free standard shipping, percentage off, or fixed amount off.
- For percentage off you can offer any percentage off the price of items in your shop.
- To do a fixed amount off you can offer a fixed dollar amount off the price of items in your shop.
- For free standard shipping, you can offer free shipping so the buyer won’t pay a shipping fee. This type of coupon is shop wide automatically but you can choose to offer it only on domestic orders.
- Choose minimum order to qualify – select whether there is a minimum number of items to buy (quantity), a minimum amount to spend (order total) or no minimum to qualify for the sale.
- Select whether the coupon will be sent as a thank you to existing buyers or not once orders are complete.
- Choose duration – you can select the duration of the coupon code beginning with the start date and this type of sale does not require an end date.
- Customize your coupon code – give your coupon code a name that shoppers can use to enter to get the discount. You’ll also get a URL with this code name included that you can share to automatically apply the discount.
When you create a coupon for your Etsy shop you can share it with specific shoppers or with your email list or social media accounts to drive sales.
Reasons To Use Etsy Coupon Codes
Now that you know how to make coupon codes on Etsy, why should you create them? What are the benefits?
Let’s look at some reasons why you might want to use a coupon code for your Etsy shop:
- Buyer love deals. Etsy shoppers love good deals and they often buy the best deal they can find when shopping. Offering a coupon code to potential buyers will make your shop more attractive.
- Builds customer loyalty. Giving a coupon code to previous buyers creates customer loyalty and brings them back to your shop again.
- Track social media success. Creating different coupon codes for your various social media platforms will help you better understand your sales. A code “Instagram10” when sent to your Instagram audience will let you know if those followers actually convert to sales.
Those are just a few of the reasons why you might want to make and use coupon codes on Etsy!
How To Start An Etsy Shop
If you’re not on Etsy yet, it’s a great platform to start on and learn how to sell digital products.
If you want to start an Etsy shop in order to earn part time or full time income then this tutorial for beginners will help you get started! I know a lot of people who have never sold online before can feel intimidated which is why I created this tutorial on how to set up an Etsy shop step by step. It is very easy and seeing someone else do it makes it feel much easier!
You can start your shop with this link for 40 free listings to jumpstart your shop without having to waste money on those first listings.
Keep Learning About Etsy
Selling on Etsy can change your life and create a full time income for you. I know several people who make much more money selling on Etsy than they ever did in a 9 to 5 job. The potential is truly amazing.
You can learn more about selling on Etsy with these tips and tutorials: