If you share affiliate links then you will want to have an affiliate link management system in place. This will allow you to create and manage your affiliate links with ease and reliability. I personally create custom affiliates links with the Pretty Links plugin.
I use Pretty Links to help create and manage all of my affiliate links, referral links, and social media links.
In this video I show you how to create custom affiliate links with Pretty Links.
The Pretty Links plugin make things super easy when you are trying to create custom links.
It also makes it easy to manage all your links because you can edit and update them in one place. This makes your links easy to manage with no need to go search for and change links individually!
About Pretty Links
Pretty Links is a WordPress plugin designed to better manage your social links, URL redirects, and affiliate links.
You can shorten, cloak, track, and share your links all within Pretty Links.
If you create content then you probably also share links all over the place – blogs, social media, email and more. Keeping track of those links to make sure they stay accurate and active can be a pain.
Pretty Links solves these problems by providing the tools to create and access URL redirects, social media links, and affiliate links, and any other kind of link you want – right from your WordPress website’s admin interface.
Because Pretty Links uses your domain name you have control over how your link looks and redirects. It is more professional than using a third party link shortener.
How To Create Custom Links With Pretty Links
Creating custom links is easy with Pretty Links. In this tutorial we look at how to create affiliate links using the Pretty Links plugin.
How to create a new link in Pretty Links WordPress plugin:
- Navigate to Pretty Links in your WordPress admin area
- Click on the “Add New Link” tab of the plugin or the “Add Link” link on the Pretty Links tab
- Set the required features of your Pretty Links:
- Redirection – type of redirection you want
- Target URL – enter the target URAL this the affiliate link that your Pretty Link will redirect to
- Pretty Links – edit how your Pretty Link appears by creating your own URL ending
- For internal use add a title and/or notes to your Pretty Link settings
- Title – enter a custom title or leave it blank for a plugin generated title from URL entered
- Notes – use this section to enter any helpful information for you for internal use only
- Click on the “Advanced” tab and it will reveal additional menus to check off for your link
- Check or leave blank the additional features for your Pretty Link:
- No Follow – Adds a nofollow and noindex to the link’s http redirect header (recommended)
- Sponsored – Adds a sponsored attribute to this link’s http redirect header (recommended for affiliate links)
- Parameter Forwarding – Forward parameters passed to this link onto the Target URL
- Tracking – Enable Pretty Link’s built-in hit (click) tracking (very useful for affiliate links)
- Click the blue button under “Publish” to create your link
- Check the Pretty Link to make sure the redirect takes you to the right place
Now you are ready to share your Pretty Link whenever and wherever you can!
Creating Pretty Links in the wordpress plugin makes affiliate link management so much easier. It’s truly one of the best ways to create and share links with an audience whether they are affiliate links or not!
4 Best Pretty Links Features
Pretty Links has practically every link management tool you could ever need, but there are three that stand above the rest and make it an incredibly useful tool.
1. Link Shortening
Long, complicated links generated by affiliate programs are a hassle to manage. They also look bad and can make people nervous about clicking.
Pretty Links removes these concerns and gives you links that won’t scare potential customers away.
For every affiliate link you can create a beautiful, customized URL by crafting a unique target URL.
2. Link Redirection
Link redirection plays a crucial role in link shortening and affiliate link management. It increases your click through rate on links and prevent link theft.
3. Link Management
Changing links when an affiliate link changes can be a hassle if you are not using a link management system. Having to hunt down and change links individually on hundreds of pieces of content is the worst possible way to do it. That’s why the link management from Pretty Links is so important.
You can see all the links you’ve created in one place and quickly search, edit and update within the plugin’s interface.
When you update a target URL inside of Pretty Links it will automatically be updated everywhere you used that Pretty Link. Genius and a huge time saver for affiliates!
Other ways you can manage your links includes adding link expiration, link tracking, and keywords automation. You can also run custom reports to track important information.
Using automation is essential to grow your business and increase affiliate marketing revenue. Having automation built-in to Pretty Links makes this easy for you.
Some of the tasks you can automate with Pretty Links:
- updating affiliate links
- link expiration – either by date or number of clicks
- turn keywords into links automatically
- automate social media sharing
There are lots of great tools and functions inside Pretty Links.
More Affiliate Marketing Tips
Hopefully this affiliate links with Pretty Links tutorial was helpful.
If you want more useful affiliate marketing content, check out these posts: