I recently sent my friend money via Cash App and taught my mom how to do the same. Since it’s the easiest money transfer app I wanted to share how to sign up for and use Cash App for anyone looking to easily send money to people you know.
Cash App Referral Code
Use referral code RSJQKLK on this link to get $5-$15 free on Cash App when you send $5 after signing up.
This referral code RSJQKLK will get you at least $5 for free in cash on the Cash App when you sign up and send $5 to a friend, family member, or anyone else!
Cash App sometimes has bonus periods where the sign up bonus increases but it is always at least $5.
How to Sign Up For Cash App
Getting $5 when you sign up for Cash App is easy but you have to do several things so follow all the steps. This step-by-step tutorial shows you how to redeem the $5 cash app referral code bonus in 2021.
The following instructions will show you:
- how to open an account on Cash App
- how to enter a referral code (RSJQKLK) on Cash App
- how to hit all the requirements to get your bonus money
The steps you need to get the referral money for the Cash App bonus.
- Click on link or search for “Cash App” in app store
- Click and download Cash App to your phone
- Open Cash App on your phone
- You should be taken to a registration form to input a phone number or email address to sign-up for an account
- Be sure to apply the referral bonus code RSJQKLK if it prompts you here, otherwise do it in the upcoming steps
- Create a username for the app and confirm it
- Go to your account profile page by tapping the “Profile Icon” on the top right corner of the screen
- On the bottom of the page select the “Enter Referral Code” link
- Enter Cash App referral code: RSJQKLK (this qualifies you for the bonus money but you must complete the following steps too)
- Link your debit card or bank account to your Cash App account
- Send $5 to a friend who uses Cash App within 14 days
- Once your first transaction is complete, Cash App will automatically add the referral code bonus money to your account
Important!! To get your bonus money you must do all the steps including linking your debit card and sending money. You can definitely send the money to someone who sends it back but you will need to do all the steps first!
What Can You Do With Cash App?
Cash App has expanded from it’s original limited functionality to allow many different functions. Unlike Venmo that has stayed with the theme of sending and receiving money, Cash App has many different features.
Below are some of the main features in the app:
- Send and receive money. The original and primary service is the most popular. Personal and business users can send and receive money via Cash App with a unique username called a $Cashtag. The unique $Cashtag identifier lets users identify and send and receive payments quickly using the $Cashtag.
- Spend money with a debit card. Every Cash App account comes with a free debit card that is accepted anywhere they accept Visa. You can use the debit card in stores or online and add it to your Apple Pay or Google Pay wallets.
- Save money on purchases. Cash App makes using the debit card attractive by offering special “Cash Boosts” that give you additional cash back or rewards for shopping at certain stores or types of establishments. The savings are instant after you’ve made a purchase after selecting the offer in your Cash App in the Cash Boost section.
- Buy fractional shares of stocks. Cash App allows people to buy stocks at a fractional share which gets many people started with investing. You can start buying stocks with just $1 and build from there.
- Invest in Bitcoin. You can invest in and purchase fractions of Bitcoin with your Cash App balance right inside the app. You can also sell your Bitcoin in order to lock in gains or transfer it from Cash App to your own hardware wallet. There are fees for both the buying and selling of Bitcoin based on the market volatility at the time, but Cash App offers one of the easiest ways to get started with Bitcoin.
- Make money with referrals. The Cash App referral program is an easy way to generate income by referring friends, family, and other people to the app. You can share your Cash App referral code with people you know or on social media to get paid for promoting the app. You can earn between $5-$10 for every successful referral.
Is Cash App Safe?
A concern for many using Cash App may be the safety and security of the app. You might wonder before signing up if Cash App is safe? Will you be risking your money.
Cash App is safe to use and uses a variety of safety measures to process payments every day.
Some of the security measures they use to keep your money safe include:
- Encryption: Cash App has a level-1 PCI-DSS certification. This allows Cash App users to send money in the form of encrypted messages which keeps your information safe.
- Security Locks: Cash App secures your account with a variety of lock mechanisms including PIN entry, Touch ID, and Face ID. Cash App will verify your identity every time you open the app to make sure you are the one accessing your money.
- Coin Storage: For the security of Bitcoin you purchase on the app, your coins are stored securely in Cash App’s offline system so that they cannot be accessed by hackers. You also have the option to transfer purchased Bitcoin on Cash App to your own hardware wallet which is always the most secure option with Bitcoin.
- Disable Functions: Your Cash App debit card can be paused instantly if you can’t find it or just want to keep it safe. You don’t have to contact customer service and can quickly disable the debit card functionality in the app if your card is lost or stolen.
- Fraud Protection: Fraud is the most common risk to your Cash App balance so you will need to stay vigilant personally for this but Cash App also investigates and takes action on fraud. If you receive any unprompted or suspicious social media message, email, text or phone call regarding the Cash App contact the Cash App support via the app.
How To Refer Friends In Cash App
You can earn money using Cash App be referring your friends and family to the app via the referral program with your unique code. For each friend you refer they will get at least $5 and you will earn $5 – $15.
Here’s how to find your referral code in Cash App and refer friends:
- Open Cash App on your phone
- Go to your account profile page by tapping the “Profile Icon” on the top right corner
- Click the green “Invite Friends, Get $10” button after your username (this amount may be $5, $10, $15 depending on the current Cash App referral bonus)
- Type the name of a friend or click the green “Get $10” next to their name to send a message
- Or click the Arrow icon in the top right corner to bring up additional options for sending our your referral link and referral code
- Cash app will create a message about the bonus along with your unique code and link to send to friends and family
- To get the referral bonus make sure people use the code not just the link and they complete the necessary steps of linking an account and sending out $5 to someone
Cash App Review
Cash App is the money transfer app from Square, a reputable financial tech company creating and changing the way finance works. It’s completely free to use and for many people replaces bank accounts and the old ways to sending money with fees and lots of steps.
Cash App began as primarily a way to transfer money between friends. It started with limited functionality but has grown to also include the option to buy stocks and bitcoin. This has helped provide access to financial options millions of people previously did not have.
Reasons why I like Cash App:
- easy to use to send and receive money
- no monthly fees, fees to send or receive money, inactivity fees or foreign transaction fees
- free debit card
- cash boosts to help you save money while using the debit card
- cash bonuses for friends who join with your referral code
- ability to invest and buy fractional shares
- ability to buy Bitcoin with fractional shares
- acceptance wide among younger people
Downsides to Cash App:
- money is not FDIC-insured (it is not an actual bank)
- has spending and withdrawal limits
- fees to send money linked credit card
While there are some downsides, the upsides and functionality and acceptance in the culture makes Cash App a must use app.
You can get $5 or more for free by using my referral code when you sign up, code: RSJQKLK.
Mary is the founder of Pennies Not Perfection where she shares her journey to build wealth through online income. She quit her day job in 2021 after she paid off her debt and doubled her 9-5 salary.
Mary's favorite free financial tool is Personal Capital. She uses their free tools to track net worth and work toward to financial freedom.
Her favorite investment platform is M1 Finance, where she built a custom portfolio for free with no fees. She shares her portfolio growth and savings progress every month on YouTube.