My mom recently signed up for a Fetch Rewards app to scan grocery receipts. I’ve been using it for years and she finally joined me, but she had a lot of questions about how to use the app. To help her out I made some tutorial videos that I’ve also shared on YouTube to help others.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code
If you want to join Fetch Rewards and get the free bonus points but don’t have a referral code you can use mine: MV7RR
Fetch Rewards referral code: MV7RR
This referral code will get you between$2 – $4 worth of free gift cards when you use it upon signing up. Fetch Rewards regularly changes the amount that new members can get but you’ll at least get $2 for using the code!
You will enter the code when you sign up as shown in the video below. You have to enter the code before scanning your first receipt to get the free points.
How To Sign Up For Fetch Rewards
Signing up for Fetch Rewards is easy! In the video above I show you how to use sign up for a Fetch Rewards account and use a referral code to get points you can use to get free gift cards to your favorite stores.
This Fetch Rewards tutorial video shows:
- how to open an account on Fetch Rewards
- how to enter a referral code (MV7RR) on Fetch Rewards
- how to scan your first receipt on Fetch Rewards to get points
If you skip the chance to enter in the video, you can enter a referral code later on by tapping on the Me tab and selecting Refer a friend.
Important!! You MUST do the referral code before scanning your first receipt. If you scan a receipt before entering a referral code then you will not get the bonus points.
How to sign up instructions:
- In the App store search for Fetch Rewards
- Download the app to your phone
- Open the Fetch Rewards app
- Click sign up with email button
- Enter personal info for your account details
- Click the orange sign up button
- Enter your birthday and gender
- Enter your phone number and state
- Click the “Start saving” button next
- Click “Okay” or “Maybe later” to enable notifications
- Click “Okay” or “Maybe later” to enable location notifications
- Enter referral code MV7RR
- Click the “Enter code” button
- To get your free points you will need to scan a receipt
- Skip through the intro slide to go to the home screen
- Click the orange camera icon at the bottom right corner
- Grab any grocery receipt you have within the last 14 days
- Line up the receipt with the lines on screen
- Click the orange camera icon in the center of the screen
- Your receipt will upload while you wait
- Your points will automatically be added to your account
And that’s how you sign up for a Fetch Rewards account and start off with enough points to redeem your first gift card!
How To Earn Points In Fetch Rewards
Fetch Rewards is all about earning points that you can then use to get gift cards for free. They have made it a game that incentivizes you to take actions in order to get these points. It’s fun and there are also many different ways to earn points.
Here are the six ways you can earn points covered in the video:
- Sign up using a referral code. You can get $2 for signing up with a code.
- Scan receipts. The main goal of Fetch Rewards is to get you to scan your receipts. Take a pic and let it upload automatically!
- Get special offers. Some companies choose to give you bonus points when you purchase a specific product. When you buy these products and then scan the receipt you get more points!
- Add digital receipts. You can link your Amazon account and email account to earn points when Fetch Rewards scans your accounts for purchases.
- Use Single Care for prescriptions. Single Care is a card inside Fetch Rewards you can use to save money on prescriptions and get more points in Fetch Rewards.
- Refer your friends. You can get $2-$4 for every person you refer to use the app. When they sign up using your code and scan their first receipt you both get extra points!
Want to learn more? Here is some more detailed descriptions of the ways you can earn points:
Use a referral code when signing up. When you sign up you can get between $2-$4 worth of points by using a referral code. If you don’t have a friend already using Fetch Rewards you can use my referral code MV7RR
Earn over 1,000 points for scanning your first receipts. Fetch Rewards has high bonus points for the first couple of receipts. You can earn at least 1,000 just for using the app and scanning the first receipts! It only takes a second so get those initial points!
Earn 2,000 points for referring a friend. Once you are using the Fetch Rewards app you can also earn points for getting your friends and family to sign up. Earning $2 per friend you refer can be a nice bonus for sharing about this useful app! A friend must create an account, use your code, and scan a receipt for you to earn the points.
Earn points for your emailed receipts. Fetch Rewards works with online shopping not just physical receipts! In the app there is a blue “e” icon where you can upload e-receipts. You can add your email and your Amazon account to link to Fetch Rewards so receipts will automatically upload and you’ll be credited the points.
Earn points when you buy specific brands. You’ll get some points for every receipt you upload but the big bonuses will come when you make a purchase on a qualifying brand or product. You can browse the current bonus opportunities that offer extra points for your spending. Even if you don’t plan for it you will still automatically get points any time you upload a receipt and have purchased a brand giving extra points.
Earn extra points when you buy specific products. Just like the brand purchases you can earn extra on specific products. You can find the Special Offers on products on the home screen if you scroll down. These have expiration dates so the ones with high points values don’t last as long!
Keep looking for new ways to earn. Fetch Rewards continually adds new ways to earn points to keep both users and advertisers happy. Things like getting 5,000 points for picking up a prescription using SingleCare or scanning receipts to drug stores not just grocery stores have all been added since I started using the app. Make sure you open it and look for new opportunities every so often.
There are many videos and sites that encourage unethical ways to game the system and earn points in Fetch Rewards fast with hacks. I recommend not trying these because they will get your account shut down and you will be unable to earn gift cards. You can still earn a lot of points by doing the things listed above!
How To Redeem Gift Cards On Fetch Rewards
Redeeming gift cards on Fetch Rewards is a simple process once you know how to navigate the app. This video tutorial is the first one I made for my mom since she was eager to redeem her free points for a gift card after signing up!
In this video I show you how to use the points you have earned in Fetch Rewards to get free gift cards to your favorite stores.
How to redeem a gift card instructions:
- Open the Fetch Rewards app
- Click the Rewards tab in the lower menu
- Or you can click the points balance in the top menu
- Scroll through reward options by category or you can search for the reward you want
- Select the reward at the retailer you want (options available to you will have a gold circle based on points balance)
- Click the amount circled under the retailer name
- Click the “Get my $$ reward” orange button
- Fetch Rewards will send you a security code to your phone or email
- Enter the code you received by tapping the box and entering the 4 digit code
- Click the “Validate” button to finish
- Congrats, Fetch Rewards has created your gift card!
- Click the “Go to my rewards” orange button or click the Rewards tab in the bottom menu and go to the “My Rewards” tab
- In the “My Rewards” tab you can view current gift cards
- Click on the reward in the “Current Rewards” section to get the code to use for redemption
- Tap on the code to copy
- Close Fetch Rewards app to go redeem the gift card code on the appropriate site
- Either add the code to your gift card balance in your account or apply it when checking out
Hopefully these steps make it easy to understand how to use Fetch Rewards to earn points and redeem gift cards!
Is Fetch Rewards Legitimate?
You might be wondering if Fetch Rewards is legitimate or if its a scam. How do you get gift cards for free?
Fetch Rewards is a safe and legitimate! It is a real company that gives users real gift cards for points that you can collect for free. They do this by then selling the data from the receipts to companies as valuable market research.
Fetch Rewards does ask for a minimal amount of personal information to determine your age and location that makes the receipt info and your spending habit info valuable. This app is not for anyone who does not want to freely give up that information.
If you are concerned about safety and protecting yourself you can do a couple things. First, create an account from scratch using your email instead of connecting via Facebook or Google. Second, use an unique password for your account. Third, do not connect your email or Amazon accounts for the e-receipts portion of the app.
While Fetch Rewards is legitimate and safe it is up to you to determine what information you are comfortable giving to them in the exchange for gift cards.
Fetch Rewards Review
If you haven’t used Fetch Rewards yet I truly believe it is the best app for scanning your grocery and other store receipts. For each receipt you scan you’ll earn points which you can then redeem for gift cards. There is no need to select items before hand or scan barcodes – it’s the easiest grocery scanning app out there!
Reasons why I like Fetch Rewards:
- easy to use and scan receipts
- free points when you sign up
- lots of opportunities for bonus points
- easy to redeem gift cards
- no need to do extra work like scanning barcodes
- no need to research what you buy before – it’s all automatic
- can do physical and digital receipts
- earn 1200 points ($1.20) minimum just for the first receipt
- earn 2,000 points ($2) for referring a friend
- earn bonus points when you buy certain brands
- lots of special offers to earn extra for certain purchases
- you can monitor spending in the app based on receipts
Downsides to Fetch Rewards:
- can’t use receipts if it’s past 14 days
- some receipts don’t earn much so it’s not worth the time spent
- bonus opportunities aren’t usually things I would buy
One of the cool things that has happened since I’ve been using Fetch Rewards is that they’ve added way more opportunities.
Fetch now accepts receipts from the following:
- Grocery stores
- Convenience stores
- Drug stores
- Big-box retailers
There are so many ways to earn points to redeem for free gift cards!
Clearly it has a lot of benefits that other apps lack! I use Fetch Rewards in addition to other grocery scanning and digital coupon apps but it is by far my favorite because it’s so easy and mostly passive.
You can get $2-$4 for free by using my referral code when you sign up, code: MV7RR.